Jun 2, 2013

Restaurant style salsa

The Wee One and I like to crack open a jar of salsa and then enjoy it with tortilla chips. This usually our evening snack. So when I saw this recipe the other day I decided to make it. After I made it, the Wee One and I snacked on it. Did it meet his deal of approval? You decide . . .

20130602-153731.jpg

That's the bowl after we were finished snacking on it. He and I both loved it.

Restaurant Style Salsa
Mommy Hates Cooking


20130602-154742.jpg


Stars of the recipe:

  • 1 28oz Can of Peeled Whole Tomatoes with Juice

  • 1 4oz Can of Green Chilies, Chopped

  • 1/4 Cup White Onion, Chopped

  • 1 Clove of Garlic, Crushed

  • 1/4 Tsp Sugar or substitute

  • 1/4 Tsp Salt

  • 1/4 Tsp Cumin

  • 1/2 Cup Cilantro, Chopped (I left this put and it was okay. )

  • 1 Lime

  • Red or Green Jalapeño Peppers (I left these out too. )


Steps:

  1. In a food processor or blender combine the tomatoes, chilies, onion, garlic, sugar, salt, cumin, and cilantro. (I used my blender on the purée setting. )

  2. Cut the lime in half and squeeze the juice out over the ingredients.

  3. Add the peppers if using them.

  4. Purée this in the blender or food processor until puréed.

  5. Enjoy with chips.


Freeze or can the leftovers.

2 comments:

I enjoy hearing from you!