Jun 1, 2013

The Imaginative One's Fresh Lemonade

There are 3 seasons according to the Imaginative One - lemonade season, hot chocolate season, and apple cider season. His favorite drink to have depends on what season it is. Now that's the weather is getting warmer, it's back to lemonade season once again. Tonight as I was getting dinner ready, he was asking me questions about lemons and if he could have one of them. I kept trying to find out what he was up to because it could not have been good.

When I was on the computer, I noticed a tab that said something about perfect lemonade. He was trying to find the perfect ratio of lemon juice to water in order to make lemonade. The recipe called for making simple syrup. I did not want him attempting to make that and I was also using the majority of the stove top. So he just added sugar to the finished product to make it sweeter.

The Imaginative One's Fresh Lemonade


Stars of the recipe:

  • 1/4 c. lemon juice (fresh or out of the bottle - If using fresh, microwave the lemons for about 10 seconds to maximize the amount of juice.)

  • 3/4 to 1 c. of water

  • sweetener to taste


Steps:

  1. Combine the lemon juice and water in a cup.

  2. Add the sweetener. Stir until dissolved.

  3. Enjoy over ice!


Makes enough for one person.

20130601-205241.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you!