Sep 7, 2013

Homemade Pumpkin Butter

We love to eat different jams, jellies, and even fruit butters around here.  It's usually just Hubby and I that do that.  Sometimes the Wee One will also try a new flavor of jelly.  The Imaginative One loves only grape jelly and don't you dare try to get him to eat something different.  He's not adventurous with his eating.

I had bookmarked this recipe last year and refound it today.  Since I was going to the grocery store, I got all the ingredients and and made a batch.  Yum!   And easy!!!

Homemade Pumpkin Butter


IMG_0492[1]

Adapted from Skinny Taste


Stars of the recipe:




  • 29 oz. can of pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie blend)

  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract (omitted it and it was fine)

  • 3/4 c. apple juice or cider (I used cider.)

  • 2 - 3 cinnamon sticks (I used Chinese 5 spice so I omitted this.)

  • 1 c. brown sugar

  • 1 -2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice, to taste (I used Chinese 5 spice instead.)


Steps:

  1. Combine the ingredients in a med. to lrg.  size saucepan.  Stir well.

  2. Turn the heat onto high and bring the mixture to boil.

  3. Turn the heat to medium low and let it cook down for 30 to 45 minutes.  Stirring frequently.

  4. If needed, add more spices.

  5. Enjoy on your favorite bread, biscuit, or even oatmeal!  (I'll share what I did with mine later.)


I froze 1/2 of the pumpkin butter and the other I put in the fridge to eat on my fav. ciabatta bread.

2 comments:

  1. I love pumpkin butter but I've never made it before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't believe how easy it was. I had it simmering while I was getting all the ingredients mixed for the cake I was making.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing from you!