Oct 27, 2013

Boo Mix (Halloween Snack Mix)

The boys are in Cub Scouts.  We had their annual Halloween party last Thursday.  Someone made this boo mix for some of the snacks being served.  Oh, my goodness, I could not stop eating it.  I even took one of the last two cups of it and ate some on the way home and the remainder the next day.   I did not let any be wasted.  

Today I found the recipe so I decided to make some of the snack mix for the boys and my lunches.  Both boys tried some after I made it.  They both loved it so each of them has 5 snack size bags of the ix for their lunches.  Then our friend stopped by the house and tried it.  He also gave it a thumbs up!

Boo Mix


adapted from Plain Chicken


IMG_0966[1]


Stars of the recipe:




  • 5 c. Golden Grahams

  • 3 c. Cocoa Puffs

  • 2 c. Reese's Pieces

  • 2 c. peanuts or 1 c. peanuts and 1 c. cashews

  • 3 c. pretzel sticks

  • 11 oz. bag of white chocolate


Steps:

  1. Place the first five ingredients in a large bowl.

  2. Place the white chocolate in a glass microwaveable bowl.  Melt following the directions on the bag.

  3. Pour the cereal mixture.  (I did a little bit of it at a time.)  Stir until everything is coated.

  4. Spread out onto waxed paper, parchment, or foil.

  5. Let sit until completely dry and break into clumps.

  6. Store in an airtight container.

  7. Enjoy!


1 comment:

I enjoy hearing from you!