This recipe turned out great because I found a different way to cook the oatmeal in the slow cooker that did not burn or dry out the oatmeal. The result was creamy oatmeal that I did not have to add any liquid to it when I heated it up the next day!!!!!! :)
Cranberry Orange Oatmeal
Stars of the recipe:
- 1/2 c, steel cut oats
- 1 c. orange juice
- 1 c. water
- 1/4 c. sugar (I omitted this.)
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 c, dried cranberries
- Find a bowl that is big enough to hold the oatmeal but small enough to fit in the slow cooker. It also needs to be oven safe.
- Spray the bowl with cooking spray and add the ingredients.
- Place the bowl in the slow cooker.
- Pour water around a the bowl to create a water bath (an inch high). Place the lid on the slow cooker.
- Turn the slow cooker on low and cook for 6 to 8 hours.
BTW: I used a 6 quart slow cooker.