When it was cooking in the oven, he thought it was a sweet and sour dish. So he was super excited for dinner last night.
The only issue with the dinner was super lemony but it's an easy fix. If you really love a lemon flavor, add the lemon zest and additional lemon juice.
Stars of the recipe:
- 1 lb. thinly cut chicken breast, chicken breasts pounded thinly, or chicken thighs pounded thin (If you are going to pound out the chicken, place wax paper on a cutting board and then the chicken. Place another piece of wax paper on top of the chicken. Using a heavy skillet, pound the chicken until it's about a 1/2 inch thick. Hint: An inch is from the tip of your thumb to the knuckle. So a 1/2 inch would be to the end of your thumbnail.)
- 1/4 c, lemon juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 c, bread crumbs or panko
- Optional: 1 Tbsp. lemon zest and additional lemon juice
- 8 x 8 square dish sprayed with cooking spary
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl big enough to dredge the chicken in, place the lemon juice. In another bowl big enough to dredge the chicken in, place the bread crumbs or panko.
- First dredge the chicken in lemon juice and then dredge the chicken in the bread crumbs or panko.
- Place in the cooking dish.
- Continue with the remainder of the chicken pieces. If you want it really lemony, top with more lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Bake in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Enjoy with rice!