Dec 30, 2013

Candy Cane Peppermint Puppy Chow

I had some leftover candy canes and Chex cereal left over from making Chex Mix so when I found this recipe I knew I needed to make it.  It may be difficult finding peppermint baking chips.  Look for them anyway because this recipe is delicious.

I decided to post it so I can put it on my Christmas baking and making page for next year.

Candy Cane Peppermint Puppy Chow


Daily Dish Recipes


IMG_1618[1]


Stars of the recipe:




  • 5 c. Chex cereal (rice or corn)

  • 10 oz. Andes  peppermint baking chips (red bag) or any other peppermint chips

  • 1 c. powdered sugar

  • 6 candy canes, crushed


Steps:

  1. Place peppermint baking chips in a microwaveable bowl.  Melt at 50% power in 30 second interval periods, stirring each time, until the chips are melted.

  2. While the peppermint chips are in the microwave, place the Chex cereal in a big bowl.  Pour the melted peppermint chips over the cereal.

  3. Stir until the cereal is coated with the melted peppermint chips.

  4. Put the powdered sugar and crushed candy canes in a gallon sized bag.  Add the cereal to the bag.

  5. Shake until all of the cereal is coated with powdered sugar.

  6. Store in an airtight container for 2 weeks.

  7. Enjoy!





20131231-203749.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you!