Dec 30, 2013

Mom, What's for dinner? - Week of December 30

It's the last week of December/first week of January.  Crazy 2013 is almost done.  This year has been full of highs and lows.  The high being our vacation to Virginia, South Carolina, Atlanta, and Alabama.  The low being the loss of my father-in-law.  We knew that my father-in-law was not in the best of health but we didn't know we would lose him so suddenly.  The vacation is full of memories with him that the whole family will cherish.  I'm so glad we went on the vacation.

I'm now looking towards 2014.  We are planning our trip to Disney.  Todd and my fourth time as a couple and the second time as a whole family.  It'll be the sixth time I've visited Disney.  However, I don't think you would count one of the times because I was down there for four months as a college intern.

I don't have any resolutions for the next year.  Actually I do have one resolution.  My father-in-law played Santa for 45 years and was kind towards family, friends, and even strangers.  He would talk and really listen to others.  So I am going to be a Santa to my friends, family, and even strangers.  Do you have any resolutions?

Onto the menu for this week:

Monday - Chicken veggie packets, rice, pretzel rolls, homemade strawberry jelly

Tuesday  - Mexican fish, warm bean salsa, left-over rice

Wednesday - Pork or sausage, sauerkraut, roasted potatoes

Thursday - sausage and sweet potato bake

Friday - Chicken broccoli soft noodles

Saturday - veggie chili

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you!