Stars of the recipe:
- 3/4 c. butter (room temperature) - 1 and 1/2 sticks
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 c. molasses (Spray measuring cup with cooking spray before adding the molasses.)
- pinch of cloves
- 2 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 - 1/2 c. flour (I used white whole wheat.)
- Preheat at 350 degrees.
- Beat butter, sugar, and egg until nice and fluffy.
- Add the molasses until incorporated. (You might need to scrape down the sides of the bowl to assure you've gotten all of the molasses.)
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, and spices.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter, sugar, egg, and molasses mixture. Mix until completely combined.
- Place 1 inch balls on a cookie sheet that has been sprayed down with cooking spray or lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle the balls of cookie dough with granulated sugar.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until you see the cracks on the top of the cookies.
- Let cool for 2 minutes on cookie sheet and then move to wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container.