Jan 11, 2014

Easy Rolls Revisited

I originally posted this recipe in July of 2010 when my blog was only a month old.
"A while ago, I was looking for a recipe for biscuits or rolls on Paula Deen's website.  I found this recipe for Easy Rolls.  They looked easy so I decided to try them.  Once I tried them once, I was hooked.  They have a slightly sweet taste and are so tender.

The Imaginative one tasted one and his response was "M-M-M."  After you try them, I'm sure you will say the same thing."  - July 2010

One thing I did differently is I added some cinnamon to the top before baking them.  I'm now wondering if I could add some vanilla extract.  That might take this rolls to another level.

Enjoy this blast from the past.

IMG_1723[1]

Easy Rolls


Stars of this recipe:



  • 2 cups of Self Rising Flour

  • 1 cup of milk

  • 2 Tbsp. of sugar

  • 4 heaping Tbsp. of mayonnaise

  • cinnamon to taste, optional


Steps:



  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

  2. Mix together flour and milk.

  3. Add sugar and mayonnaise.

  4. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray or grease the muffin tin.

  5. Fill each muffin tin 1/2 way full.  If using cinnamon, sprinkle of the muffins.

  6. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until brown.

  7. Enjoy with butter or your favorite jelly!


This recipe makes 12 rolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you!