I found this recipe from Finding Joy in my Kitchen's countdown to the new year linky party. Mostly Homemade posted her list of best breakfasts. This was one of her best breakfast recipe of 2013.
When I made it for breakfast one morning, the Wee One licked his lips when I asked him what he thought of the pancakes. He told me that licking his lips meant he liked them. So he gives his seal of approval.
IHOP Pancakes (Copycat Recipe)
Stars of the recipe:
- 1-1/4 c. flour (I used white whole wheat.)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1-1/4 c. buttermilk or 1-1/4 c. milk with 1 Tbsp. and 1/2 tsp. vinegar added to it
- 1-1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter
- 1/4 c. sugar
- Preheat griddle. (I used my stove top, I heated mine to med. heat.)
- In a med. mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the melted butter and beaten egg. Stir to combine ingredients.
- Next add the melted butter, vanilla, and sugar. Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Grease your griddle or griddle pan with butter or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook pancakes until bubbles form. (I ladled the batter onto the griddle pan in 1/4 c. portions.) Flip and then cook for another minute or two.
- Enjoy with butter, syrup, or even strawberry jelly!