One way I help with making sure I have breakfast is to make smoothies. Getting the ingredients together in the morning can be challenging. Sometimes my high powered blender has a fit and refuses to blend the ingredients. That doesn't help getting out the door on time.
So what can be done to make sure I have a smoothie in the morning? I could make some ahead of time and then put them in the freezer. The only problem with that solution is remembering to pull out the smoothie of the freezer so it could defrost so I can drink the smoothie.
Another solution is to prepare smoothie kits so all I have to do is pull the bag out of the freezer and then add the liquid ingredients. I've started to do it and it makes life so much easier.
Here's what you need to do:
- Gather all the ingredients for the smoothie. (Except for the liquid)
- Place all of the ingredients in a Ziploc type of bag. If you are going to make a green smoothie, place the greens in a sandwich bag. Then place the sandwich bags in the Ziploc with the other ingredients.
- Place the smoothie pack in the freezer with instructions of what liquid needs to be added to the other ingredients.
When it is time to make the smoothie:
- Place the greens with the liquid in the blender cup.
- Blend up the greens and liquid until smooth.
- Add the other ingredients with the greens and liquid.
- Blend until smooth.
- If you need more liquid, add a little water until all of the smoothie is blended.
Some smoothies you can make packets for are:
Carrot Tropical Smoothie
Key Lime Smoothie
Apple Jack Smoothie
St. Patty's Day Smoothie
Power Up Green Smoothie
Tastes of Thanksgiving Smoothie