Feb 25, 2014

Snickerdoodle Waffles

What's binner?  It's simply breakfast for dinner. The whole family loves it. Plus I get to cook breakfast foods. They rarely have big breakfasts in the morning. 

When I made the waffles, the Imaginative One had been craving them shoo he was super excited. The Wee One walked into the kitchen right after I made the first couple and was ready to chow down. 

The batter is quick to assemble.  It will take some time for the waffles to cook depending on your waffle iron. 

The original recipe called for dipping the waffles in butter and then the cinnamon sugar mixture. I eliminated that step. Instead I sprinkled the cinnamon sugar mixture on the batter before cooking the waffles. 

Quick side story: Hubby asked me the other day if I had a waffle iron. I informed him that I had a Belgium waffle maker and a rectangle waffle maker. He wanted to get a Mickey Mouse waffle iron. Needless to say those things cost 30 plus dollars. He quickly decided we didn't need one. It would have been fun to have Mickey Mouse waffles though. 



Snickerdoodle Waffles

Lil' Luna



Stars of the recipe:

Batter:
  • 2 c. Flour
  • 1 tsp. Salt
  • 4 tsp. Baking powder
  • 2 tbsp. Sugar
  • 2 tsp. Cinnamon
  • 2 eggs
  • 1-1/2 c. Warmed milk
  • 1/3 c. Butter, melted
  • 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp. Almond extract

Cinnamon Sugar mixture:
  • 1 tbsp. Sugar
  • 2 tsp. Cinnamon


Steps:
  1. Preheat waffle iron.
  2. In a bowl mix flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and sugar. 
  3. In a separate bowl beat 2 eggs. Add warm milk, 1/3 c. melted butter, vanilla, and almond extract. Mix well and add to your dry ingredients. 
  4. In a smaller bowl, combine the cinnamon sugar mixture. 
  5. Pour into waffle iron. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture. Close the lid and cook. 
  6. Enjoy while warm!


Happy eating, Traci

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you!