May 11, 2014

Recap of What I Ate This Week - Week of May 3

Last night, my boys were over at my mother-in-law's house.  She has a man made pond.  Sometimes we find wildlife such as frogs, toads, and even a blue heron hanging around the pond.  I was in her house when I heard the Imaginative One "has caught a frog!"  I ran outside and sure enough the Imaginative One had caught a frog.  Really it was an American toad.

They played with that American toad for an awful long time.  George Senior (their name for the toad) was a good sport.  He (or she) did try to hop away because that is in their nature.  But other than that, George Senior let them play with him (or her).

That was our adventure yesterday.


This week was a crazy one for dinner.  On Wednesday, I had a chiropractor appointment.  I never know what time I'm going to get done with the appointment.  The office is about 15 minutes away from home.  After a certain time, it's just easier to pick up fast food on the way home because by the time I get home, it will be time for Hubby to leave for work.  I need to remember to have a freezer meal or crock pot meal on those days.  

I had an awful day on Friday and did not feel like cooking at all.  I wanted to curl up in a ball and just cry.  I'm not going into what happened on Friday.  It was nothing to do with my family.  

Now onto our eats:

Sunday - We ate my mother-in-law's house.  I brought over the pulled pork.  She cut up carrots and celery and made some cole slaw.  We also had chips with the sandwiches.  I ended up with enough pulled pork left over that I froze a fourth bag of it.



Monday - I had some paperwork I needed to complete at work.  So I did not know when I would be home to cook dinner or if I really was going to have time to cook dinner.  It was breakfast for dinner night so I bought some frozen waffles.  We also had some already cooked bacon that I froze.  We had it with strawberries.


Tuesday - We celebrated Cinco de Mayo a day late.  I made a taco soup when I got home.  The boys were a little hesitant about eating the soup.  Hubby loved it though.  He had his with Fritos.  I had chips and salsa with mine.  The boys just ate their soup with no side dish.


Wednesday - As I said I had my chiropractor appointment.  I ended up getting us McDonald's which is a treat.  I need to have better planning.

Thursday - It was my birthday.  Hubby made the boys and himself spaghetti and garlic bread.  I went out to eat at Piada's Italian Street Food.  Oh, my goodness - SO good!  Then I went to see The Other Woman with Cameron Diaz.  Great movie.



Birthday Cupcakes


Friday - As I said, I had a horrible day so I did not feel like cooking.  Hubby brought us a pizza from work.

Saturday  - The Wee One and I went on a mommy-son date.  We went to my favorite farmer's market - Second Street Market. and then shopping.  Lunch was Chick Fil-A again.  The Wee One loves chicken nuggets!!!!!!

While we were at Second Street Market, we picked up fingerling potatoes, fresh green beans, and ciabatta bread.  

I cooked up chicken tenderloins, the green beans, and roasted the potatoes for dinner.  The Imaginative One ate his portion of the potatoes, 1/2 of one of mine, and his dad's potatoes.  Hubby wasn't home when we ate dinner.

After dinner, we went over to my mother-in-law's for dessert.  My niece and I both have the same birthday so we sang to her and I .  My mother-in-law made brownies for her and a fruit pizza for me.



That's what we had for dinner this week.  








No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you!