Stars of the recipe:
- 1 15.5 oz. can of cannellini beans (white kidney beans)
- 1/2 lb. of fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 3 tbsps. extra virgin olive oil
- coarse salt and ground pepper to taste
- 21 season salute to taste (Trader Joe's spice - my favorite spice blend), optional
- In a bowl, whisk together the vinegar and oil.
- Season with the salt. pepper, and 21 season salute
- Meanwhile, cook the green beans in a pot of boiling salted water for about 5 minutes.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Add the green beans, cannellini beans, and red onion to the dressing bowl. If needed, season with more salt and pepper.
- Toss all ingredients together.
Happy eating, Traci