Sep 12, 2011

Crockpot pizza

My mother-in-law found this recipe in the newspaper.  She thought I would like to cook it for dinner one night.  When I made it yesterday, we were impressed with how much it did taste like a pepperoni pizza even with no crust.  I was also impressed with the simplicity of the recipe.

Stars of the recipe:
  • 1 1/2 cups browned ground beef (I omitted this.)
  • 2/3 box of rigatoni (I used rotini.)
  • 1 large onion chopped
  • 4 cups of mozzarella cheese (I used 2 cups.)
  • 2 jars of pizza sauce (I used 1 jar and added some water.)
  • 1 package of pepperoni (I used 1/2 package.  Next time I'm going to cut the pepperoni into smaller pieces.)
  • salt and pepper taste
Steps:
  1. Place all items in a crockpot that has been sprayed with cooking spray. (I used a 3 quart crockpot.)
  2. Cook on low for 3 to 4 hours.  (Mine was done in about 3.5 hours.)

Happy eating,
Traci

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you!