This is one of the meals we enjoyed this week. I prepped the meal and hubby put it into the crockpot for me. I then enjoyed it for lunch the next day. Someone told me that it smelled like a German festival in the teacher's lounge.
Sausage and Sauerkraut
Stars of the recipe:
- 1 package of smoked sausage
- 1 jar or bag of sauerkraut, drained and rinsed off
- 3 Tbsp. of brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. of Dijon mustard
- Cut the sausage into rings.
- In a bowl, mix the sauerkraut, brown sugar, and Dijon mustard together.
- Place sausage and sauerkraut into the crockpot.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.
- Enjoy with mashed potatoes or roasted red potatoes. (I also had corn and baked apples with it.)