Jul 19, 2012

Chunky Vegetable - Sausage Pasta Sauce

Last week, I cleaned out my corner appliance cabinet.  It's in this weird shape that makes it a good place to store appliances.  While cleaning it out, I pulled out my food processor and have been using it more faithfully.

Today I decided to make spaghetti for supper, a family favorite.  I made a sauce of fire roasted tomatoes, zucchini, carrots, onions, and sausage and then served it over whole wheat pasta.  Hubby gave it two thumbs up and then went back for seconds.  The Imaginative One doesn't like sauce so he didn't want to try it.


Chunky Vegetable - Sausage Pasta Sauce


Stars of the Recipe:

  • 1/2 pound Italian Sausage

  • 1 to 2 carrots, peeled and ends cut off

  • 1 can of fire roasted tomatoes (I used garlic fire roasted tomatoes.)

  • 1 zucchini, with ends cut off

  • 1 small onion, peeled and ends cut off

  • Italian seasoning, to taste

  • 1/2 box of dried pasta (I used whole wheat thin spaghetti.)


Steps:

  1. Brown the sausage and then drain it.

  2. Meanwhile, shred the carrot(s).

  3. Place the shredded carrots into a saucepan.

  4. Place tomatoes, zucchini, and onion in the food processor and dice them up into small pieces.

  5. Place the mixture in the sauce pan.

  6. After the sausage is done browning, place it in the saucepan with the carrots and tomato mixture.  Season with Italian seasoning.  Mix together.

  7. Warm the sauce in the saucepan. at med. heat until bubbling.  Then turn down to low.  (About 10 to 15 minutes)

  8. Cook the pasta.

  9. Serve the sauce with the pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you!