Jan 6, 2013

What's for dinner? January 7

As I've said before, as soon as I walk in the door, the boys will ask me those three words over and over again.  I sometimes give them silly answers and sometimes I will tell exactly what we are having.  They will then ask me again and again "What's for dinner?"

I sometimes think I need to have a tape recording of my answer and then press play whenever they ask me those words.

Another question that drives me absolutely bonkers is What's in the soup, dinner, etc. . .?  Hubby will just tell them to eat it and not to ask any question.  The Imaginative One will sit there and dissect his dinner before choosing to pick at it, complain about it, or eat it.  It gets so frustrating.  He likes familiar foods for dinner and sometimes I trick him up.  The Wee One is better at trying new food.  Sometimes he likes it and sometimes he doesn't like the dinner.  It all depends.  At least he tried it.

The one menu item the Imaginative One is tired of is soup.  It's probably because I have been putting things in the soup that he can't figure out what they are.  His response when I say soup is "Not again."  I don't let his response influence my decisions for supper.

Without further ado, I'm going to answer those three simple words - What's for dinner?

Monday

B - hard boiled egg, oatmeal, fruit
L - sunbutter sandwich, Greek yogurt w/ granola, fruit, veggie
D - steak, mashed potatoes made half with potatoes and cauliflower, veggie
S - Larabar, nuts

Tuesday

B - green smoothie, hard boiled egg
L - soup, Greek yogurt w/ granola, fruit, veggie
D - pork stir fry, brown rice, salad
S - Kashi cereal bar, nuts

Wednesday

B - hard boiled egg, oatmeal, fruit
L - pizza veggie burger, Greek yogurt w/ granola, fruit, veggie
D - bow tie pasta w/ sauce, salad
S - Larabar, nuts

Thursday

B - green smoothie, hard boiled egg
L - soup, Greek yogurt w/ granola, fruit, veggie
D - monte crisco sandwich, chips, veggies
S - Kashi cereal bar, nuts

Friday

B - hard boiled egg, oatmeal, fruit
L - sunbutter sandwich, Greek yogurt w/ granola, fruit, veggie
D - eat what ever you want night
S - Larabar, nuts

Saturday


B - whatever the boys ask for breakfast
L - ???
D - homemade pizza night, salad
S - ???

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you!