Feb 16, 2014

Mom, What's For Dinner? - Week of Feb. 17

week of Feb 17

The boys and I have had cabin fever lately.  We've been either sick or the weather has not been nice.  So far we've had between 42 and 45 inches when we normally get about a foot of snow during the whole winter.  Our first snowfall was a week before Halloween.  That is also unusual.  Anyway on Saturday, we went to Home Depot for a free DIY session for the boys.  They had fun hammering and creating their own race car.  Afterwards we went to Starbucks and Meijers to grocery shop.  The Imaginative One hates to grocery shop but because of his cabin fever he didn't mind.

They got some foods they enjoy but I don't normally buy for them.  They also got to get a Valentine's treat because all the Valentine's Day merchandise was half off.  Of course the Imaginative One got chocolate and the Wee One found a stuffed animal.  After grocery shopping, we ate lunch at Frisch's Big Boy.  The server was great because she gave us coupons for free kids' meals.  I made sure I left her a tip for that.

Our last stop was to Tropical Smoothie.  I get text message deals from there.  They sent me a Valentine's Day deal for buy one smoothie get one free.  The Imaginative One loves the Jetty Punch Smoothie so this was a nice treat for him.  After we got home, we took our dog over to my mother-in-laws' house to be groomed.  He was glad to be out of the house but wasn't too happy to be groomed.

Onto the menu:  We are going to be trying new recipes and eating a recipe that has one of the highest amounts of views.  Hopefully the family will love these recipes.

Links to the recipes on my blog:

Baked French Fries

Baked Spaghetti (One of the most viewed recipes on my blog.)

Homemade Pizza

Easy Rolls or Buttermilk Biscuits

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you!