Mar 6, 2014

Fried Apples

My grandma used to cook simple meals.  Fried potatoes, hamburger patties, and fried apples were often seen at our dinner table. So was liver and onions with canned spinach. That was my least favorite meal.

Tonight while cooking dinner I was craving fried apples. I usually burn them when I try to cook them. Tonight I tried something different and was successful at cooking at them perfectly.

The Imaginative One refused to touch them but the Wee One loved them.


Fried Apples


Stars of the recipe:
  • 2 apples cored and sliced into 1/4 to 1/2 inch slices
  • 2 tablespoons of butter  
  • 2 tablespoons of Brown sugar 
  • 1 tablespoon of cinnamon

Steps:
  1. Heat skillet on medium heat. 
  2. Melt butter in skillet.
  3. Add remaining ingredients. 
  4. Stir until apples are coated with melted butter,  brown sugar, and cinnamon. 
  5. Cook for 3 minutes.
  6. Turn heat to low. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. 
  7. Take off of heat. 
  8. Enjoy by itself, with whipped cream, or over ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you!