Mar 4, 2014

Kitchen Tip Tuesday - Bulk Hamburger ( Slow Cooker)

For the past few years, I've browned hamburger, rinsed it, and divided it into smaller portions. Sometimes I'll use some of the meat to make sloppy Joes and/or taco meat and then freeze that. It's so convenient to have it in the freezer when I need it.

I was cooking it on the stove top but then discovered a trick I now cook it in my slow cooker on low for 4 to 5 hours. That way it will cook up while I'm doing other things.

Hints:



  1. Use a slow cooker bag.  It will be easier to clean up the mess if you use the slow cooker bag.
  2. Break up the meat into smaller pieces before you cook it.
  3. Use some of the meat to make sloppy joes or taco meat.  Portion those out and then put them in the freezer.  There might one night you need some quick and easy.
Raw Hamburger

Cooked Hamburger
Cooked Hamburger (Closer look)

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited totry your ideas1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This trick makes life so much easier. I have some hamburger cooking in the slow cooker as we speak.

      Delete

I enjoy hearing from you!