Mar 8, 2014

Chocolate Mint Puppy Chow

I've made several different types of puppy chow.  Hubby and I love to snack on it.  So when I saw this recipe last week, I knew I needed to make some.

We do a weekly Sunday night dinner at my mother-in-law's house.  I took some to her house so we could eat it for dessert.  It was a huge hit with Hubby and my mother-in-law.

Hubby took half of the remaining puppy chow to his work.  His co-workers loved it.  In fact, they kept coming back for more.  They described it as crack.  It is that good.

This puppy chow reminds me of Thin Mints.  It's Girl Scout cookie season.  If you can't get your hands on some cookies, you can make this alternative.  I know it's not the same but it could tide you over until you can get some Girl Scout cookies.


Chocolate Mint Puppy Chow



Stars of the recipe:
  • 10 oz. bag of Andes mint baking chips
  • 5 Tbsp. butter
  • 12.8 oz. box rice chex cereal.
  • 1-1/2 to 2 c. powdered sugar

Steps:
  1. Put baking chips and butter in a large microwaveable bowl.
  2. Microwave for 1 minute and stir.  Continue microwaving for 30 second intervals until the butter and baking chips are melted and smooth.
  3. Put the cereal into the bowl.
  4. Stir until coated.
  5. Add the powdered sugar over the coated cereal.  Stir until the cereal is covered in powdered sugar. (I ended up putting mine in a plastic gallon size bag and shaking the powdered sugar onto the cereal.)
  6. Enjoy!




Happy eating, 
Traci

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you!